April 29, 2017, Makati - After waiting for hours, Ferlenski Boxing event finally started and boxers may have realized that it is getting late as most of them finished their bouts via knockout in the first round.
The Ferlenski Boxing event Rise of Heroes on paper may not have the greatest local boxers on the card as most of them are either just starting off or have a losing record. Not the kind of boxing event that you usually want to go to because of the potential mismatches, but there are always good in every situation and tonight that was in action.
Each match produced drama with knockouts after knockouts that built the excitement further and the anticipation of the fans at the venue. The already sizzling venue of Makati Square Garden turned hotter as limited number of spectators sounded like thousands as they cheered their lungs out as they witnessed exhilarating action-packed matches.
Boxers are modern day heroes and the night was filled with heroes rising up to the expense of other boxers falling down. That is just the way it is tonight as it became a festivity of knockouts.
Boxers with bad records tend to fight a bit more passionate, aggressive and with full of intent as they want to turn their career around and would gamble more. As a result, you would see more heart-pounding actions and risky moves that make up a great matchup that casual fans would be entertained with and we certainly enjoyed every minute of it.
After the event, we had a brief discussion with former boxer and opponent of Manny Pacquiao, Todd Makelim. (Watch the later part of the video )
Results of the Ferlenski Night of Champions.
- Albert Alcoy Defeats Danilo Tampipi to claim the Interim Bantamweight title in the 3rd round TKO
- Juk San Lee Got a Majority Decision win against Jomar Borbon
- Junnie Delgado wins via Unanimous Decision against Alex Caoktoy
- Aiman Abu Bakar won 1st round TKO against Roy Lagrada
- Denmark Quibido won 1st round TKO Ruben Cadpa
- Benvenido Ligas won 1st round TKO Eric Labro
- Ryan Zambrano won 1st round TKO Pelagiu Mosquera
Watch the replay.