Ads Top

Advertisements

Dela Torre Loses Bout Despite Knocking Down Opponent in Las Vegas


FILIPINO Harmonito “Hammer” Dela Torre scored a knockdown in Round 2 but still suffered his first defeat of his career against  Olympic silver medalist Tugstsogt Nyambayar on Nov. 18 (Sunday in Manila) at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Dela Torre landed a straight right hand to down Nyambayar in Round 2. 

Nyambayar was able to bounce back to win by a unanimous decision.

“I’m very proud of Harmonito. He put on a great fight and I’m confident he will be back better” said manager Jim Claude “JC” Manangquil, Sanman Promotions CEO.

“It was a very close fight. Fight was more competitive than the scorecards show but Nyambayar deserve the victory" said Mananquil.

Two judges both scored 78-73 while the other one had it 79-73.

Dela Torre, who has been training under Cuban trainer Moro Fernandez in Miami, Florida since last year has accepted his first setback.

“Nyambayar is a good fighter. I will train harder and I will be back stronger” said the 23-year old DelaTorre (19W-1L-0D, 12 KOs).

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.