1. Vergel Meneses was dubbed as the “Aerial Voyager”. He has been known for his leaping ability, captivating the crowd with his graceful hang – time drives and aerial acrobatics.
2. He played for 7 teams starting out with the Presto Ice Cream team, drifting to Sta. Lucia Realtors, Swift/Sunkist/Pop Cola, Barangay Ginebra Kings, FedEx Express, RedBull Barako and lastly for Talk ‘N Text Phone Pals.
3. He got Mythical First Team nods in 1994 and 1995, a Mythical Second Team selection in 1992, and was the player to win three straight Best Player of the Conference awards in 1994 Governor’s cup, the 1995 All-Filipino cup, and the 1995 Commissioner’s cup. He also holds the league record of four All-Star Game MVPs, and he was one of only seven players to see action in at least All-Star Games.
4. Vergel Meneses was born on January 14, 1969 in Malolos Bulacan and his zodiac sign is Capricorn.
5. He is 1.91 meters tall, which is equivalent to 6 feet and 3 inches.
6. Meneses was a former seminarian at the Immaculate Conception Seminary at Guiguinto, Bulacan in the early 1980s.
7. It was 2006 when he announced his retirement finishing his career with 9,453 points, 1,896 rebounds and 2,129 assists in 590 games where he logged 19,135 minutes of playing time, 174 steals, 270 blocks and shooting averages of 0.287 3-PT FG%, 0.470 FG% and .749 FT%.
8. Meneses formally retired during the half time of the Air21 Express and Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Game at the SM Mall of Asia Arena with jersey number 18.
9. It was on August 27, 2010 when he was chosen as one of the PBA legends to play in the 2010 NBA Asia Challenge.
10. As of now, Vergel Meneses is currently the Head Coach of his alma mater, Jose Rizal University, Heavy Bombers.