Advertisements

Miguel Cotto: December 31 Will Be My Last Day as Pro Boxer


4-division 5-time world champion Miguel Cotto is already thinking of his retirement during his interview with ESPN Deportes. Former world champion Cotto told the ESPN Deportes that December 31, 2017 (maybe his second fight this year) will be his last day as professional boxer. 

"We are doing very well as far as the camp, hoping that the days will pass and that the preparation will intensify a little next week, and then we'll lower the loads and look towards the fight," said Cotto to ESPN Deportes.

 "I've been enjoying boxing a lot. It's my last year in boxing, it's time to go do other things. December 31, 2017 will be the last day of Miguel Cotto as a professional boxer." 

"There is a good litter of Puerto Rican boxers coming up. All you have to do is work hard and not rest until you reach the goal. Puerto Rican boxing has always stood out with good talents. Right now there are Acosta, Machado, Verdejo... they are some that are the most advanced."

36 year-old Miguel Cotto (40-5,33)  is scheduled to fight for the vacant WBO Junior Welterweight world title against Japanese Yoshiro Kamegaion (27-2-3,24) August 26th at Stub Hub Center in Carson California. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.